To advance the use of geosynthetics as engineering materials and to provide forums to facilitate communication among those interested in the application of geosynthetics in geotechnical, transportation and environmental engineering applications. This mission will be accomplished through the following ways:
- Organization of technical conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Encouragement of interdisciplinary exchange of knowledge.
- Recognition of technical contributions and innovations by NAGS members.
- Education of current and future users of geosynthetics and the education of educators.
- Promotion of geosynthetics curriculum in the formal education of engineering students.
- Stimulation of research on geosynthetics and their applications through the NAGS Awards of Excellence Program.
- Promotion of the geosynthetics discipline as a profession.