IGS-NA Student Research Showcase in Kansas City
IGS North America and the Geosynthetic Materials Association (GMA) are pleased to announce the Student Research Showcase to be held during Geosynthtetics Conference 2023. This poster competition is intended to highlight the work of students in geosynthetics while offering an opportunity to present on the show floor during the Tuesday lunch break. This is a great chance to show what you’ve got, and have some fun too!
- September 12: Call for abstracts for studen poaster competition
- November 15: Last day to submit abstracts for consideration
- December 9: Invitations to present a poster at the conference will be issued.
- January 13: Final day to submit an electronic copy (PDF) of your designed poster.
- February 7: Poster Presentation Session takes place
- 1st Place – USD $500 + first choice of full registration to GeoAmericas 2024 or Geotechnical Frontiers 2025
- 2nd Place – USD $300 + full registration to GeoAmericas 2024 or Geotechnical Frontiers 2025 (remaining conference after 1st place winner selection.)
- 3rd Place – USD $200
Winners will also be highlighted in the GeoWatch section of Geosynthetics magazine. Cash awards and conference registration offers are sponsored by IGS North America and the Geosynthetic Materials Association. Awards will be issued only to the lead author/presenter of the winning posters. Conference registrations do not have cash value and may not be exchanged for any cash considerations. Future registrations are not transferable. Students do not still need to be studying in 2024/2025 in order to accept future registrations.
Get full guidelines and presentation information here
Students selected to present will be notified by 9 December 2022.
All students invited to present posters at Geosynthetics Conference 2023 will be given free access to the conference February 5 – 7!
Also, all student authors and co-authors based in the US and Canada will be given IGS North America student memberships for the duration of their engineering studies and be invited to participate in other geosynthetics-related grant and paper competitions offered by the International Geosynthetics Society and IGS North America. Students based outside of US/Canada may be eligible for other student membership opportunities with the IGS and its numerous chapters around the world.
Please contact Barbara Connett at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.